April 28, 2020

2020 Summer Camp Announcement


Hello Camp Lurecrest Family,

I’d like to take a few minutes to bring you up to date about the 2020 summer camping season.  

In light of Governor Cooper's announcement on April 23rd extending the shelter-in-place order and giving direction on the planned Phase 1, 2 and 3 reopening of North Carolina in response to COVID-19, the Camp Lurecrest Staff and Board have  decided that all June camps will be cancelled. These camps include Swannanoa 1, Bearwallow 1, and The Narrows. We will consider rescheduling these camps to early August if we are able. 

Our current plan is to begin the camping season on July 5th with the Pinnacle camp, followed by Bearwallow 2, Swannanoa 2, and Pioneer camps, as originally scheduled. 

To ease your summer camp decision, we are making your registration risk-free. If you are scheduled to attend camp in June, or if you decide not to send your camper, we will be happy to refund your deposit, camp fees, and ranch house fees.  

We know this is a financially difficult time for everyone, and the same is true for Camp Lurecrest. Close to 75% of the funds needed to operate our ministry are provided by summer camp.  If you are able, we would ask you to prayerfully consider donating your payments. When you advise us you wish to make a donation, we will send you a tax-deductible receipt. Your donation will make a financial difference in the ministry of Camp Lurecrest.  

Lastly, for those of you who are registered for our July camps, please wait to make final payments until you hear from us. We will confirm by June 15th that the July camps will be occurring.

May the Lord bless and keep you.  


Recent Posts